Saturday, March 19, 2016

That escalated quickly..

Weight Watchers teaches you about taking things in moderation. It teaches self control with the points system. I have found that very helpful. It shows you just how quickly choices can make things escalate. For example, if I am allowed 40 points a day I try to spread that out in a way that makes me never really feel hungry. I used to attempt good decisions throughout the day and even go to the grocery store to purchase healthy foods because "WOO HOO! I AM READY TO BE HEALTHY!" These foods would of course die tragically in the back of my fridge. After leaving the grocery store with a cranky family, I found it easy to run through the Culvers drive thru. I now know that the meal I would typically get, cheeseburger, cheese curds, and a Pepsi, is actually 41 points. 41!!! That is nearly the amount of "bonus" points given each week. Weight Watchers puts your old choices into perspective. It is shocking to see how easily I would abuse my body in the past. I'm grateful for a new found rationality.

1 comment:

  1. But I want a pizza, waaaaahhh! At only 5673 points, its totally worth it! Yeah. I love the way we live now. I turned down durritos tonight, and I actually struggled with it, but I just ate my roasted turkey sandwich, and thanked God that I have the ability to chose my health instead of a quick little snack that honestly would leave me more hungry in the end, with no actual benefit to my health whatsoever. I am so grateful for my wife, who has been such a Rockstar with this whole learning a new way to live thing. Thank you babydoll! I love you.

    ReplyDelete